Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCD Migration with IM&P and UCXN

Thanks for reading,

I have a Cluster on 11.5 with UCXN 11.0 and IM&P 11.0 that I want to perform a network migration on to change IP Space as well as Hardware.  I have a Legacy UCCX in this as well, but I plan on removing it as it is no longer in production.  The new hardware is in a completely different IP Space so I do not have the option of just running a Name/IP Change and then migrating the VMs, which was my first choice.

My Questions are as follows:

1. Presuming I will be creating new DNS entries for my servers, will I have to update the targets of my trunks, or will they automatically sync?

2. Will I need to reconfigure LDAP integration?

3. What steps are required for IM&P to reconnect to the new CUCM Cluster with new IPs/Hostnames?

4. For SIP trunks running between different CUCM Clusters, but are managed by the same PCD Server, will I have to update the target IP/Hostnames for the Resources being migrated?

5. Will this affect my existing Federation for IM&P?

Thanks in advance,

Brad 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. PCD only changes the platform configuration if you change the DNS, no other configuration is affected

2. No way to answer, that you should know based on your environment and what will change with the migration

3. IM&P is part of the CUCM cluster, you cannot just migrate IM&P and attach it to other cluster, you need to migrate CUCM + IM&P

4. See #1

5. See #2

PCD cannot migrate CUC, have you reviewed the PCD documentation that explains what PCD features are compatible per UC product/version? Or the CUC upgrade guide which covers migration options?

Also, if you are going to change the hostname or the domain, the service certificates will change and this will affect ITL

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. PCD only changes the platform configuration if you change the DNS, no other configuration is affected

2. No way to answer, that you should know based on your environment and what will change with the migration

3. IM&P is part of the CUCM cluster, you cannot just migrate IM&P and attach it to other cluster, you need to migrate CUCM + IM&P

4. See #1

5. See #2

PCD cannot migrate CUC, have you reviewed the PCD documentation that explains what PCD features are compatible per UC product/version? Or the CUC upgrade guide which covers migration options?

Also, if you are going to change the hostname or the domain, the service certificates will change and this will affect ITL

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime, you do a great job moderating these posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: