cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PCP auto deleting user and services after a LDAP sync if the user is deleted or dsiabled in AD

Mars_Wang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

I think it is a very good feature that PCP can delete user and associated service automatically once the user is deleted or disabled on AD. But unfortunately, I couldn't use this feature successfully as once I disable the account on AD, I can confirm it shows inactive ldap user on CUCM and CUC. So I run a LDAP sync on PCP and I can see it will produce a batch process to delete this user, but it will always failed because it detect that this user is still an active user on CUCM. I am quite confused why this happened. It is still the same after I run all the sync on PCP like infrastructure sync on CUCM, CUC and IM, user sync on CUCM, CUC, domain sync on the related domain of this user. Really appreciate if some one can help me on this.

2 Replies 2

Never used PCP so I have no first hand experience of function, but I would think you should wait for CUCM to do a synchronization of the directory and then also for the garbage collector process to run to clean out the users that woudd have been marked for removal based on the state of the user in AD. When that is met you can let PCP do it's clean-up.

Response Signature

Hi Roger

thanks for the quick response. I have tried to wait until CUCM purge the account by garbage collector process. but the issue is after that, on PCP, the user will be marked like "failed to search for this user from CUCM". The result is all the service under this user will disappear. At this time, I can delete the user but these service like phone, line or RDP originally under this user can not be deleted which I think is reasonable since no service can be found. And on CUCM, these phones, lines or voicemail will still exist without user associated. I have to manually delete them one by one then.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: