cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Permission to add call handler owners to a call handler

Wayne Ficklin
Level 1
Level 1

I need to grant permissions for two users who will be configuring IVRs to update the SysCallHandler's owner.  I've currently assigned them the following permissions/Roles:

• Audio Text Administrator
  • Greeting Administrator
  • Help Desk Administrator
  • User Administrator
  • Custom - System Distribution Lists Manager
    • Manage Call Handlers Greetings - Full Access
    • Manage Call Handler Templates And System Call Handlers- Full Access
    • Distribution Lists - Full Access
  • Custom - Call Routing Rules
    • Call Management: Call Routing Rules - Full Access

The users are able to build the IVR/Call Handlers, create a SDL of owners can call in and update their own greetings, ...but can't go into the SysCallHandler > Edit > Call Handler Owners and assign the SDL.  I don't have the exact message, but its permissions related.

What permission do I need to grant besides System Admin that will allow this group of users to add owners to SysCallHandlers?

3 Replies 3

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hey Wayne,

What version of Unity Connection are you running?  I believe 11.x and onward allows you to create custom roles.  That way you can create a custom role with whatever permissions you want including them having full access to call handler items and read only access to other important items.

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

If you'll read back through my post you'll see I have two custom roles already defined.  They don't seem to provide the permission that I'm looking for.  Do you know the specific permission that's necessary?

Does anyone have any idea as to the specific permission required?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: