Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Number not announced in default Unity Connection 10.5 greeting

riedmueller
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working with Unity Connection 10.5. Everything seems to be working, but one annoying little thing --- When a user decides not to record a custom greeting, the system does not announce their phone number or user name to the caller leaving a message.

Instead of "Sorry, <directory number> is not available...." or "Sorry, <user name> is not available....", the caller hears "Sorry, is not available...."

I cannot find a clear reference for how to adjust this; every search I do seems to end up with configuring call handlers, which is not what I am trying to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By default UCXN will announce either recorded name (not greeting) if recorded, if not it will do TTS conversion of the Display name. So, if nothing is heard in place of the name make sure the user did not record blank "recorded name" and that display name is populated.

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I agree with my friend Chris here (+5 Chris!)

I would use this excellent tool from the great suite of Unity Tools (use the ** reset" feature **) to delete the recorded name as it sounds like the user probably recorded a second of silence.

Unity Connection Bulk User Delete   

For resetting users you have the option of emptying the mailbox,  resetting greetings, deleting voice names,  resetting passwords,  removing private lists and a number of other  options you may choose.   For installations where the user base “changes  over” frequently such as  schools this may be a nicer option.  This  option is also allowed for  CoRes installations since it does not involve  the removal of user  objects from the Connection database.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/BulkUserDelete/BulkUserDelete.html

This should allow you to just delete the one voice name recording and the default displayname will then be used for them as detailed nicely by Greeshma from Cisco as shown below;

"This is the normal behavior which is the feature of TTS (text to speech).

1. If Cisco Unity Connection finds that there is a Recorded Name for a CUC user, that is used.

1. If there is no Recorded Name for a CUC user  and if the Display Name is not empty, the Display Name is run through the TTS engine. If you do not want the Display Name to be played back, you need to delete the Display Name of the user.

Note: There is also an Enhancement included in CUC  8.0, where you have an option Use Text To Speech to Read Display Names When No Recording Is Available under Advanced Settings > Conversation. You can uncheck this check box to if you want CUC to play the extension number instead of the Display name. This is checked by default with which Cisco Unity Connection uses Text to Speech to play user display names for users who do not have recorded names.

1. If CUC finds that there is no Recorded Name, No Display Name, it will switch to the Extension Mode where it will read the Extension number."

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

By default UCXN will announce either recorded name (not greeting) if recorded, if not it will do TTS conversion of the Display name. So, if nothing is heard in place of the name make sure the user did not record blank "recorded name" and that display name is populated.

Chris,

Thanks for your help. The user is LDAP synchronized, and the Display Name field is definitely populated. I am not sure if a blank recorded greeting was created or not, but on the Edit User Basics for this user, when I initialize the java app for Play/Record Recorded Name, there is nothing available to play.

Where do I look to verify TTS is enabled? I did not find it is serviceability or Enterprise Parameters.

Under Advanced>Conversations, "Use Text To Speech to Read Display Names When No Recording Is Available" is checked.

Thanks again

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I agree with my friend Chris here (+5 Chris!)

I would use this excellent tool from the great suite of Unity Tools (use the ** reset" feature **) to delete the recorded name as it sounds like the user probably recorded a second of silence.

Unity Connection Bulk User Delete   

For resetting users you have the option of emptying the mailbox,  resetting greetings, deleting voice names,  resetting passwords,  removing private lists and a number of other  options you may choose.   For installations where the user base “changes  over” frequently such as  schools this may be a nicer option.  This  option is also allowed for  CoRes installations since it does not involve  the removal of user  objects from the Connection database.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/BulkUserDelete/BulkUserDelete.html

This should allow you to just delete the one voice name recording and the default displayname will then be used for them as detailed nicely by Greeshma from Cisco as shown below;

"This is the normal behavior which is the feature of TTS (text to speech).

1. If Cisco Unity Connection finds that there is a Recorded Name for a CUC user, that is used.

1. If there is no Recorded Name for a CUC user  and if the Display Name is not empty, the Display Name is run through the TTS engine. If you do not want the Display Name to be played back, you need to delete the Display Name of the user.

Note: There is also an Enhancement included in CUC  8.0, where you have an option Use Text To Speech to Read Display Names When No Recording Is Available under Advanced Settings > Conversation. You can uncheck this check box to if you want CUC to play the extension number instead of the Display name. This is checked by default with which Cisco Unity Connection uses Text to Speech to play user display names for users who do not have recorded names.

1. If CUC finds that there is no Recorded Name, No Display Name, it will switch to the Extension Mode where it will read the Extension number."

Cheers!

Rob

That did it -- unchecking that box causes the system to provide the extension number, which is what I was after. I am still not sure why it would not read the Display Name.

Thanks!

Do we have any third option to achieve this..

means don't delete display name an don't uncheck the global parameter.. but only extention no should be played..

Thanks & Regards

don't use recorded name as well..

MaxWise735629
Level 1
Level 1

Read through but didn't find the way to fix it! My CUC 12.5 is not generating the default recorded name at all, not from the display name nor from the extension. Simply, it just plays nothing. How to fix it?