cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones keeps disconnecting from CUCM

JH51928
Level 1
Level 1

Phones keep disconnecting from the call manager and registering back for 3-5 seconds. Calls are affected, audio goes silent for about 3-5 sec (one or two way). 

status_messages.jpg

We've checked our network monitoring system and we didn't find any issue with the network connection. 

I tried to put one of the phones to my secondary call manager and still doing the same thing.

I'm not sure if increasing the default value "120 sec" on device pool>connection monitor will help because the issue is still happening if the phone is registered to the secondary call manager

Couldn't find where the issue is coming from and how to fix it, pls help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JH51928
Level 1
Level 1

There was an issue in the network on the voice vlan. We've created another voice vlan, put the phones there. It worked fine without any issue, then after 3-5 days we put the phones back to the original voice vlan, so far the issue didn't come back.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

is this for just one phone or all your 8845 phones ?

Response Signature

I haven't check all the phones yet but it's happening to most of the phones.

8845s

8841s

7841s

That sounds like problems with network connectivity between the phones and CUCM.

Can you post (or PM) the log file from the phone? That will tell us a lot about what is going on with registration of the phone and DN.

(Let me know if you're not sure how to do that.)

Maren

Hi Maren, could you let me know how to PM the log file to you?

Hi Maren, I couldn't find a way to attach the file through PM so I'm attaching the phonelogs here.

I've changed some confidential information with Primary-CUCM, Second-CUCM, Site-Switch

If I'm reading the log file right, it looks like EnergyWise has been enabled on the phones (that's the Power Save Plus menu items), but EnergyWise is not set on the underlying network. This can cause the kind of problem you are describing.

This is set in the Enterprise Phone Parameters, or using a Common Phone Profile (or set on the phone).

The Power Save menu items (down a bit on the screen from Power Save Plus) have to do with turning of the display during certain periods and/or after a specified idle period. That part is native to CUCM and does not involve EnergyWise.

I have read that not having an EnergyWise Domain set and also checking the box for "Allow EnergyWise Override" will allow you to have CUCM use the Power Save Plus parameters even if you don't have EnergyWise on the network. I have not done this myself, so don't take my word for it.

Here is my suggestion: Create a Common Phone Profile that does not have any of the Power Save Plus parameters set and apply that to a couple of the phones that are experiencing the problem. (Be sure to check the box for "Override Enterprise Settings" for the Power Save Plus settings in the Common Phone Profile.) If that solves the problem, great. Then you can play with the domain and checkbox to see what works. Once you have a set of parameters that is satisfactory, apply it at the Enterprise Phone Parameters level.

Let me know how it goes.

Maren

JH51928
Level 1
Level 1

There was an issue in the network on the voice vlan. We've created another voice vlan, put the phones there. It worked fine without any issue, then after 3-5 days we put the phones back to the original voice vlan, so far the issue didn't come back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: