Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones with Backlight dimming Capabilities

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

My manager came to me and wanted to know can our 7961 phones dim like the color phones do. I told him that I don't believe they do because they are grey scale but he seems to think they can. Can someone point me in the diretion of a Cisco document that points out that grey scale phones do not dim.

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I dont think you can. You can probably reduce the contrast manually from user preferences but that should be it.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I dont think you can. You can probably reduce the contrast manually from user preferences but that should be it.

Hi George

Would you happen to know of any documentation that I can show him that shows the models that do support this functionality?

Check out the 7800s and see if that meets your requirements:

Power Save

In Power Save mode, the backlight on the screen is not lit when the phone is not in use. The phone remains in Power Save mode for the scheduled duration or until the user lifts the handset or presses any button.

Set up each phone to enable or disable Power Save settings. You can configure the phones to dim the backlight on a schedule.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7821_7841_7861/10_1/english/admin_guide/PA2D_BK_AB3F74DA_00_admin-7821-7841-7861-10_0/PA2D_BK_AB3F74DA_00_admin-7821-7841-7861-10_0_chapter_01.html