Views
Helpful
Replies

Pickup Button did not work anymore

CHRISTIAN END
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I have a strange problem. A pickup group that is configured for three members/lines has worked perfectly for several months.4 weeks ago it started that the users received a notification for a pending pickup, but received an error message when they pressed the Pickup button: No call available for pickup.

We have installed a CUCM with version 11.5.1.13900-52.

It is 3 times 8845 IP Phones. We have tested the firmware versions sip8845_65.12-1-1-1SR1-4 and sip8845_65.11-7-1-17.

Users use the Cisco Jabber Client to control the IP phones. Pickup has also been activated there via jabber-config.xml.

Has anyone observed this problem before? How can I debug the error?

Thanks for help!

Christian

3 Replies 3

How odd. I'm curious to know if anything you can think of changed four weeks ago that might have caused this. Also, is the problem occurring on both the hard phones (8845) and on the Jabber Clients when attempting to pick up the call?

In the meantime, a Cisco CallManager service trace will show what is going on behind the scenes with regards to call pickup.

It might be worthwhile to delete and re-create the Call Pickup Group as there are only three members to see if that fixes the problem.

The only thing that is always done from time to time, of course, are new phones that are created.
I have already tried to delete the pickup group and create a new one. However, this only resolves the problem at very short notice.
You can also not pick up the call at the Jabber Client. It is currently affecting even more pickup groups :(
Are there any documents describing a pickup troubleshooting? There is always a lot going on and of course it is very difficult to evaluate the traces. It would therefore be good to know what to look for.

There really aren't any docs on troubleshooting this specific feature because it just....works. (Except, obviously, when it doesn't...)

Try restarting the CallManager service on each call processing node. A bug documenting this same behavior for a old version of CUCM used that (along with recreating the pickup group) as fixes. I don't have confidence it will fix the problem but is worth a try.

A trace file from the Cisco CallManager service that covers one of these calls is what is needed next.

Have a user document:

Time of Call

Original Called Party

Original Calling Party

The extension they used to try to pick up the call

Post the trace and we can help you look at it.

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: