cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Plantronics headset disconnects after around 30 seconds

Erik95
Level 1
Level 1

Using headset: Plantronics Savi 8200 series w8220 using APC-43.

Using phone: Cisco IP Phone 8811

I am having a problem, that the headset disconnects after 30 seconds. Any tips?

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I think this is that old issue where if you don't set the phone configuration to use Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control, the headset drops after 30 seconds. Can you try setting this setting to Enabled, and then reset the phone?

Where do I find these options?

If I reset my phone, all the network settings will be deleted? And I can't do that, because this is phone we use at work.

In CUCM find the phone, then towards the bottom of the page there is "Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control" setting , what is it set to?

Oh, I do not have access to CUCM. But now I know how, thanks!

A reset of the device does sound like you will lose settings. They should have named it something else. But in this context, it's like a reboot.

The administrator says that Hookswitch has been enabled now, but it does still not work. Any other suggestions we could try? I also tried restarting the phone by unplugging power and plug it back in again, but no luck..
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: