Views
Helpful
Replies

Plantronics Headsets Disconnecting

art.lacie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts

I have recently purchased some Plantronics CS 540 headsets, with the APC 42 cable. I can make/control calls, but they drop usually after less than a minute of connect time. Battery is charged, and I'm in range. The same headset works fine on analog phone.We are 8841 and 8851 phone users.

I've been reading through various search results and it looks like there may need to be a configuration setting adjusted in the back end of CUCM. I'm on version 11, and can't seem to find a resource that follows my version. I'm hoping someone can help me.

Thanks

14 Replies 14

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Art,

For the phones in question did you follow these steps;

Device>Phone>Under Product Specific Configuration Layout >Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control> enable

Cheers!

Rob

That's what I was thinking... but "Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control" isn't shown

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Art,

Very strange indeed! I don't have CUCM 11.x or 88xx series phone models to verify this for you....sorry about that. The documentation on CCO & Plantronics seems pretty skint for enabling HHC, is there anywhere on the device page via CUCM admin that even talks about headset settings? It could reference Electronic Hookswitch, Headset Hookswitch control, HHC or might be shown as something else completely.....maybe you could post up some screenshots?

Cheers!

Rob

It's a pretty long rolling screen - but nothing in that page seems to relate to hookswitch or anything. I'm wondering if there has to be some command-line # script put in? You would think it would be part of the web interface.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Art,

I'm at a complete loss here my friend. The only thing I can think of is to maybe open a TAC case as I did find this 11.x bug that you might be able to reference;

EHS doesn't work on my 7841 phone
CSCux19665
Cheers!
Rob

Hookswith had to be added to the layout section, which I assume was a command line operation?

Headset works now. Thanks

How was it added to the layout screen?

IAS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i am using a CISCO 8661 phone with a Plantronics SAVI W720-M wireless headset and my calls get disconnected after about 30 seconds....can someone help me figure out what the problem is?  thanks

We have had a similar issue and find it is the phone not the headset that is the issue. If you reset the phone's network connection it will be good for a while again but at some random time it will happen again. We have tried Plantronics cs540 headsets, Sennheiser D10 headsets, Jabra Pro 9470 headsets, Cisco 561 headsets, also Jabra Engage 75 and Jabra engage 65 headsets all have the same issue. reset the network connection to get the phone to reset and it will work again for an unknown duration of time.

Hello,

Did you determine any more about this network reset workaround and what might be the root cause?

Response Signature

The issue is related to the Cisco Phone not the headset. We tried many other headset brands including a Cisco headset. All have the same issue. The phone can be reset then it will work again for a while until it gets in a bad mood and decides to randomly revert to the same issue; this time might be anywhere from 1 day to 6 months after the phone is reset then another reset will fix it again for another random time no solution at this time.

CiscoDave
Level 1
Level 1

just started having this issue myself. 

The option for "Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control" is in call manager on the phone configuration page. 

this has been working for me for over a year and just started exhibiting this behavior. 

I have found that either turning off the wireless headset hook switch control saving and applying and then turning it back on again saving and applying will fix it or a reset to the phone will fix it temporarily.

CiscoDave
Level 1
Level 1

I found there was an update for my 8811 - after applying the update, I have an option for e-hook control in the phone menu. 

I enabled it and it seems to be resolved, at least for now.