Views
Helpful
Replies

Play message before sending call to IP Phone

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Pros,

Our client has a requirement to play caller a basic message "Your call will be recorded" before being sent to user extension on Cisco. All users have DID extensions and this message has to be played when individual DID number is dialled.

One of the ways to do is to setup CCX or Unity Connection to play these messages and forward to IP phone, but it doesnt look scalable as we need to create a CTI Route Point / Pilot for each DID number and also a script or call handler.

I am looking for suggestions wherein we could do this more efficiently (with maybe one application) and also open to development of any TCL or VXML scripts etc. if required to develop it.

Please advise,

Pratik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're welcome.

You would use the Get Call Contact Info step to retrieve the "Dialed Number"

Then, you would play a prompt to the caller.

Finally, you would use the Redirect step to redirect to the Dialed Number.

Again, the key being the Partition/CSS setup such that your inbound gateway/trunk can only reach the UCCX platform, and the UCCX platform can reach the phones.

Good luck and happy proxying!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With UCCX you could easily create a wild card Trigger, and then transfer to the extension dialed in the wild card range.  You would just need to manipulate the Gateway CSS and the CTI Port CSS such that the gateway reaches the CTI RP and Ports, and the CTI Ports reach the internal dial plan.  This scales in the sense that, if you have a single range of numbers, you end up with 1 Trigger, 1 App, and 1 Script for all employees.

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your rep

ly. I was away for past few days and saw your post today.

So you mean to say, I can use UCCX to create a route point for example 123X (covering extensions 1230 to 1239) and have them hit a common application/script.

What do I configure inside the script to have it redirect to the dialled number?

Appreciate your reply,

Pratik

You're welcome.

You would use the Get Call Contact Info step to retrieve the "Dialed Number"

Then, you would play a prompt to the caller.

Finally, you would use the Redirect step to redirect to the Dialed Number.

Again, the key being the Partition/CSS setup such that your inbound gateway/trunk can only reach the UCCX platform, and the UCCX platform can reach the phones.

Good luck and happy proxying!

Anthony Holloway

+5 Anthony for your prompt reply. I will try this out soon enough. Thanks again!

Before you get too far in your adventure, give this thread a once over.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3429151#3429151

Anthony Holloway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: