Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PLM CUCv10 Synch failure - Application Error

I have CM v10.5 and CUC 10.5 running in WMware Fussion 10.1 (latest update) all was working good except for CUC backup which I discussed on this site. Ultimately to repair I used a copy of CUC 10.0.1, authorized it, ran successfully then upgraded to 10.5. SFTP backups worked again. After going through all CUC changes to IVR, VM accounts etc. all aspects of incoming calls, IVR, VM etc. were working good so I focused on PLM registration.

I created a new instance of CUC and ran Synchronize Now. CM 10.5 was good and CUC 10.5 Status displayed 'Application Error'

Doing some digging in I came across this piece

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/prime-license-manager/200224-Troubleshoot-Common-Issues-in-ELM-PLM.html#anc6

In particular this

Problem 2. "Application Error in Synchronization status" error appears when you add Product Instance in ELM/PLM.

The only difference is that I can add the instance and the failure occurs after selecting Synchronize Now

So I followed the solution which is:

When you observe Application Error please delete and re-add the Product Instance to fix the issue. If that does not help, login to CLI and run license management reset registration command which will rest the registration of the instance, and then add Product Instance and get the license re-hosted from the Licensing team.

I have performed this twice, just in case rebooted both servers and still the error occurs. CM 10.5 is ok CUC 10.5 fails. I have also manually deleted all instances, followed the solution, gone into PLM, created both instances and then went to Liscenses-Fulfillment-Retreive Licenses. All aspects were successful until I select Synchronize Now which fails only for CUC 10.5

Any suggestions for next steps?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

With the assistance of Cisco TAC specifically the solution provided by Josué David Herrera the PLM synchronization error has been resolved

I have been performing various UC UCM or CUC efforts for decades back when CUCM v3.1 came to the scenes and I never ran across this type of problem with versions of UC or CUC being so close yet not being able to perform appropriate PLM needs.

The solution was to get both UCM and co resident PLM and CUC to the exact same versions. Here are the snapshots of both all three versions

CUCM

10.5.2SU5
10.5.2.15900-8
Release Date: Apr 11th, 2017

CUC
10.5.2SU6
10.5.2.16901-1
Release Date: Nov 20th, 2017

PLM (co res UCM)
10.5.2SU1a
10.5.2.12900-1
Release Date: Oct 18th, 2017

which illustrates how close each was however that ultimately was the problem.

Thank to Cisco TAC @Josué David Herrera for the solution which was to upgrade all to 10.5.2.16901-1

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

With the assistance of Cisco TAC specifically the solution provided by Josué David Herrera the PLM synchronization error has been resolved

I have been performing various UC UCM or CUC efforts for decades back when CUCM v3.1 came to the scenes and I never ran across this type of problem with versions of UC or CUC being so close yet not being able to perform appropriate PLM needs.

The solution was to get both UCM and co resident PLM and CUC to the exact same versions. Here are the snapshots of both all three versions

CUCM

10.5.2SU5
10.5.2.15900-8
Release Date: Apr 11th, 2017

CUC
10.5.2SU6
10.5.2.16901-1
Release Date: Nov 20th, 2017

PLM (co res UCM)
10.5.2SU1a
10.5.2.12900-1
Release Date: Oct 18th, 2017

which illustrates how close each was however that ultimately was the problem.

Thank to Cisco TAC @Josué David Herrera for the solution which was to upgrade all to 10.5.2.16901-1

Just to add some documentation this is described here:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvh69601/

Or ultimately here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/plm/10_5_2_SU1/releasenotes/cplm_b_release-notes-1052su1/cplm_b_release-notes-cplm-1052su1_chapter_010.html#reference_B5C32364202F5E543C589A201C2F5921

If you are running Cisco Unified Communications Manager or Cisco Unity Connection at Releases 10.5(2)SU6 or higher then use the following guidelines for which Prime License Manager release to run:

• In standalone mode, run Cisco Prime License Manager 10.5(2)SU1a or higher

• In co-resident mode, run Cisco Prime License Manager 10.5(2)SU6 or higher