cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to send out alerts to all phones or groups

William Hoover
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen that SingleWire offers a software solution that can send out an alert campus wide with text displayed on the screen of the phone and a special tone. I am looking to do this without having to buy a complete alert system. I just want to be able to send out alerts to all phones. We are using CCM 7.x with Unity and 7940 and 7942 phones. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just not possible, that's why you need a 3rd party. CUCM just can't do what you need.

I mean, you can send a VM to everyone, but then again, they would need to listen to it to get the message.

But to send a txt message so it shows on the phones with what you have, no can do.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just not possible, that's why you need a 3rd party. CUCM just can't do what you need.

I mean, you can send a VM to everyone, but then again, they would need to listen to it to get the message.

But to send a txt message so it shows on the phones with what you have, no can do.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

JiriPrinc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi William,

Jaime answered that - no way to do it with just CUCM. However there is not just SingleWire who can offer you such feature. I am in charge of software development that can do that as well, or you can find even more 3rd party services with that. Ask me if you would like to know more about our solution.

Regards

Jiri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: