Views
Helpful
Replies

Practical method to import Avaya Messsaging greetings to Unity Connection

michael.dury
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Do you know of a way to import Avaya Messaging greetings to Unity Connection?

It would need to be done for approximately 2000 Mailboxes.
Presuming the Current Avaya greetings can be exported as media files, as a last resort they could be manually applied to the new unity connection mailboxes 1 by 1. Looking to see if this has been done more effectively, 3rd party etc.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If you can name the WAV files output by Avaya with the alias of the target user, I have a bulk greeting upload CLI tool I created for a similar purpose you can use to bulk upload them - assuming the greetings are the standard greeting this would work out of the box - if there are multiple greetings (standard, busy, holiday etc...) a bit of work would be required on my end to accommodate that.

Hi Jeff,

appreciate the quick response.

Does this mean when the avaya exports the greeting files, that it would be preferable if they were automatically named as the alias of the target unity user? If not, the client could manually rename the files and then import with the tool?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: