Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence 8.5 - Can't Add Users to Jabber

Hi everyone,

When I search for people in the Jabber, it finds everyone as it should. When I click the " + " to add them, nothing happens. The person just dissapears.

I tried this with my CUPC client, which adds people fine and they stay there. As soon as I open up Jabber, it cleans out everyone from my CUPC client.

Any ideas why Jabber won't add people and then deletes them if they were added through CUPC? Very strange... this is a new installation and everyone has the same issue.

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

This is a Jabber-ism I think.

You get this if you are using UDS and the users you are trying to add aren't CUPS-enabled.

You probably also get it if the users are from LDAP and aren't CUPS enabled.

CUPC by comparison allows manual contact creation as well as adding of non CUPS people.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

This funtionality of adding contacts in Jabber which are not enabled for CUP is targeted for upcoming release 9.1 around Q3.

Regards,

Jas

Hi Jas

we have got Jabber 9.1.3 and this functionality of adding contacts is not included. Do you know in which version is this  included?

Regards Christoph 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: