Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence 8.6.5 Federation with itself

jstickler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A little back story first - we host a CUCM cluster with Presence for several organizations that have their own seperate domains.  When Presence was initially released in order to get Exchange Calendaring to work on multiple domains we were told to configure seperate Presence servers for each domain.  That was all well and good until we started looking at upgrading to 9.1.  We are now in the process of building a single cluster on our domain.

Because Presence allows you to enter multiple LDAP profiles in Presence we are setting up a tie in to each of the seperate domains.  I can get users from each domain having the ability to log in and they can search and it returns LDAP results.  The part I am not sure how to get working or that I am concerned about is the Federation between domains.  With us now having a single server will federation work to itself?

Has anyone achieved something similar?

Thanks,

Jason       

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

At least through the 9.1 release (I cannot speak to the roadmap here), an IM&P cluster can only support a single presence domain (e.g. jdoe@domain.com). You'll have to pick one or talk to your Cisco AM to understand when/if multi-domain support will arrive.

As for the LDAP Profiles and directory details in jabber-config.xml (various clients look at one vs. the other), the outermost boundary is a single AD forest if you're using UPN as the username. If you're expecting sAMAccountName to work you're bound to a single tree in the forest, pointed at the root.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: