Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence CUCM Update Intervals

jesposito1
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I've got a new installation of Cisco Unified Presence, ver. 8.5.4. I'm trying to figure out where I can see, and hopefully adjust, how often Presence polls CUCM for updates. I know that in System>CUCM Publisher there is a small drop down that has a Status Polling Interval, but that doesn't seem to indicate how often CUPS is checking in with CUCM. Does anyone know where I can view/edit that setting?

Thanks,

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CUCM sends out the update within the same second (if not the same milli-second).  How much faster you want? 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

michael-luo
Level 1
Level 1

CUPS does not "poll" CUCM for phone presence.  CUCM "publish" the update to CUPS.

Michael

Hey Michael,

Thanks for the quick response on this. Is there a place to check on the CUCM side, then? Our concern is that we may want it to update faster than whatever the default setting is.

Thanks,

Joe

CUCM sends out the update within the same second (if not the same milli-second).  How much faster you want? 

Hi Michael,

I'll take a look, might need a TAC case then. We're seeing quite a lag time right now, so I'll have my networking team check to make sure it's not something on our end. Thanks again!

Joe

If you issue the following command in callmanager

'show tech notify'

you should see the following cups process

EPAS_SyncAgent

That means that the syncagent process is registered to the callmanager db notification service.

This in turn means that whenever there is a change in specific db tables in callmanager that are related to CUPS, CUPS gets notified and the change is propagated. This should be instantaneous.

You can manually initialize the whole thing by restarting the sync agent process in CUPS. Take note though that this way uses AXL to propagate all the changes

Hope this helps,

Christos

Hello,

Did you get te solution for this issue?.I have same problem in updating the status in CUPC client.It takes more than 30 second to update the status.

Thanks

Bijin

Hi Bijin,

No, we didn't. After we encountered a number of issues besides this one, we ultimately decided not to pursue CUPS as our solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: