Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence Licensing Questions

I'm looking to understand licensing on Presence. I work for a Cisco Partner and we've registered our software from the Unified Workspace for Partner's Software and Licensing Kit. The Presence license provides what appears to be a node license, however I beleive I'll need CUPC licenses. When I run the Troubleshooter, I get this message under licensing:

"Verify Sync Agent has sync'ed over relevant data (e.g. devices, users, licensing information) Warn Users: 162 Devices: 341 Licensed CUP Users: 0 Please verify that the data counts listed are valid. New devices, end users and licensing are configured on the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administrative GUI. Also please verify the Sync Agent service is up and running via the Serviceability application "

3 Replies 3

Here's our Status/Licensing Summary:

Publisher: x.x.x.x

Sync Status: Completed 2008-09-29 10:59:16

No. End users: 162

No. Phone Devices: 244

No. Licensed Cisco Unified Presence (CUP) End users: 0

No. Licensed Cisco Unified Personal Communicator (CUPC) End users: 0

No. Assigned Microsoft Office Communicator (MOC) End users: 0

I have the same error...did you ever get any resolution?

There was no problem with Presence... I just had to enable the licensing in Communications Manager: Go to System>Licensing>Capabilities assignment. Resync Presence and the CUPC licensed endpoints will show up.

Good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: