cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

presence services missing after upgrade

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All, Just upgraded presence from 8.5 - 8.6.4 but various services are not starting & when I go into network services, there isnt anything listed like engine etc - is it a bug or have I missed something?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

thollingsworth
Level 1
Level 1

Paul,

I'm experiencing the exact same issue.  Upgraded to 8.6(4) from 8.6(3).  At first, I didn't have enough RAM in the server, so it booted into bridge upgrade mode.  After I installed 4 GB of RAM, I am now stuck on a screen where the Service Activation and Feature Services webpages won't load and stay blank.  The Network Services portion loads correctly, and the only services list in utils service list from the CLI are from the Network Services section.  Since I don't have access to the downgrade COP file, I can revert back to 8.6(3).  I'm curious what might be causing this, as a recovery disk scan came out clean.

Hi, The end customer hadnt installed the additional RAM so we had to revert - need the file from TAC - ciscocm.cup.pe_db_install.cop in the 8.5 version THEN do the migration again after installing the correct amount of RAM.

I was able to get this working without the need to use the ciscocm.cup.pe_db_install.cop file.  I reverted the system back to 8.6(3) and even though the services wouldn't start, the database was intact.  I installed the update to 8.6(4) with 4GB of RAM in the server and let the refresh upgrade proceed.  After about an hour, the system came back online and the missing services under Feature Services and Service Activation were once again present.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: