Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence status not updating in Jabber application

Recent environment changes:

We changed the LDAP and DNS servers for this client recently, due to them having been acquired by another company. Everything went smooth, except that the jabber clients are not updating their presence status.

I have verified that replication is good - both servers showing a 2

Users can still IM and all functionality seems to be there, except the status is not updating. They typically show available if logged in, and unvailable if logged out. Does not update when on a call or on DND.

Thanks for help in advance.

Jonathan Beardsley CCNA Voice; MCITP Telecom & Network Administrator DECOSIMO
6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you change their JID??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

JID? as in Jabber ID or Username? Yes, they went from flast to first.last username naming convention.

If you look at your users list, do they have the right JID??

Have you checked the SIP trunk integration to make sure it can monitor the phones??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The JID is consistent with LDAP and CUCM. The SIP Trunk configuration CSS includes the partitions of the user phones.

The JID is correct (CUP Usernames match CUCM and LDAP)

The problem started after changing over to a completely different LDAP directory. To do so, I exported users from CUCM, had customer replace usernames while I removed LDAP Directory from CUCM and CUP, added new LDAP Directory, inserted Users, checked device associations and permissions, and checked CUP.

I had to also change DNS servers and domain name, which was originally believed to be the fix for the current issue. However, once I changed DNS and domain name, rehosted licenses, and rebooted servers, the issue remained.

I hope this describes the situation a little clearer.

Thoughts?