cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pressing * in a mailbox

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I wanted to find out if this behavior of Unity can be modified. When I am in someone's mailbox , I have an option * to exit,if I press that Unity takes me back to the main greeting and then if I don't do anything within a specified period of time takes me to the operator, the customer wants to know if this can be changed since many users are pressing * thinking that this will just end the flow and instead are going back to the main greeting and then ringing the operator, I know it is a minor issue but it would be nice to turn this off

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You didn't indicate your version so I'll assume a recent 4.0(x) build.

The exit action for each subscriber is configurable per user. By default it goes to the opening greeting call handler but you can set this up to go to any handler you wish or, if you like, just terminate the call immediately. That seems a little heavy handed to me as subscribers may wish to exit their mailbox and access the name lookup handler, for instance, but if that's what the customer really thinks they want, you can do this.

This can be edited in the SA for each user on the conversation page. You can also change the behavior for large numbers of subscribers using Bulk Edit.

Thanks a lot

Jeff,

I am trying to change the exit action (*) using Bulk Edit to hang up instead of going to the opening greeting. I can't find an option for it on the conversation tab in Bulk Edit.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Tony.

If you go to the Bulk edit tool you will see that under the Exit destination tab not the conversations tab, it got me too the first time.

Thanks. I knew I was missing something.

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yeah - I've had to get real creative with the UI for bulk edit - there's only so many controls you can cram on a page of tabs in 800x600.

I'm working in the background on rewriting it in Delphi so I can easily use scrollable forms - this way I can have a tab for each SA page for subscribers and handlers and just have them scroll as the SA does - this'll make it easier to find the setting you want.