cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI channel activity

michaelfine77
Level 1
Level 1

We have (2) Cisco 3945 routers used as voice gateways with multiple PRIs on each. These gateways communicate with both CUCM and UCCE via SIP protocol and not MGCP therefore there is no ISDN information sent to CUCM. We are looking for a means to be able to track and report on PRI channel activity for traffic analysis and capacity planning.

Does anyone have recommendations or a solution to be able to historically report on PRI channel activity?

Thank you

Michael

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are many MIBs in IOS for PRIs that you can utilize, there are products out there that can do that for you i.e. Cisco Prime Assurance, SolarWinds, etc.  Another option is to see if your telco offers reporting as some of them do.

Chris,

Telco can send reports but on request and are a couple days in the rear. We actually have Solar Winds in house and I have been looking around but do not see where channels can be tracked. I know there is a voice module that we do not have which may have that functionality. I am not familiar with MIBs but will do some research.

Thank you

Andrew West
Level 4
Level 4

I was going to suggest just creating a dashlet in RTMT until I saw the fact you want to do Historical.

Like Chris said you have plenty of options with Prime, SolarWinds, 3rd party CDR apps like Metropolis or other tools.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: