Views
Helpful
Replies

Primary Expressway-Edge Failover (MRA)

MSchwarzmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

currently - in our new customer deployment - we are hitting the Bug CSCut91464.

It means, that when the primary expressway-edge node (cluster with 6 nodes) is down, phone services from each jabber for mobile client cannot register to cucm - even there are 5 more edge nodes within this cluster.

Does anybody experience the same issue and are there known workarounds to prevent this issue?

Thanks in advance,

markus

4 Replies 4

Guillermo_PY
Level 1
Level 1

@MSchwarzmann  Hello,

Did you resolve your issue? 

Hi,

not really. but there should be some enhancements: based on latest informations we got from Cisco, "MRA Redundancy" got introduced in the latest software version.

You will need the following (at least):

• CUCM 12.5
  • Expressway X12.7
  • Jabber 12.9.x (Windows, iOS, Android)

while in Expressway release notes, it is listed as "MRA SIP Registration Failover for Cisco Jabber" in Preview state (currently).

Guillermo_PY
Level 1
Level 1

I will be checking this information. Thanks @MSchwarzmann 

Jan Slabber
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, My logs was inspected by TAC and they replied: "Jabber is experiencing connectivity issues with CUCM and/or EXP-E, and is receiving a 488 response from CUCM when attempting to reconnect."

I know my Primary EXP was not down so I am awaiting an answer as to why this is happening.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: