cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Collab Assurance

rcfoltz
Level 5
Level 5

I've seen a couple of posts regarding this issue, but haven't seen any real solutions yet. Basically, it appears that Prime Assurance isn't discovering endpoints that are registered to CallManager (10.5). If the device isn't registered, then it appears to discover it, but it shows up as an "Unknown" device type, which basically makes the application useless. I'm sure it's something fairly stupid that I am doing wrong, but I just can't seem to figure it out. I have the PC Jtapi user with EVERY user role assigned to it just to see if that was the issue, but it didn't solve it either.

ANY assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

4 Replies 4

Eric L
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@rcfoltz, there a few critical steps you want to check that might explain why PCA isn't discovering the endpoints registered to your CUCM.

1. Make sure the CUCM node(s) have been successfully discovered in the Device Work Center (DWC) and are listed in a *Managed* state. You may have to add the State column in DWC if you don't see it.

2. If the CUCM node(s) are listed in a *Managed* state, the next step it to check if the publisher for your cluster (or the standalone node) is listed under Call Quality Data Source Management (CQDSM) under Administration > System Setup > Assurance Setup > Call Quality Data Source Management. It should list the status as Success, and not Failed.

3. Finally, if you've passed the first two steps run a manual Cluster Data Discovery under Administration > System Setup > Assurance Setup > Cluster Data Discovery > click Run.

Thank you for the reply!!

As for your bullet points;

1) Yes, both UCM nodes and UCx nodes show as "Managed" in DWC.

2) Yes, my publisher is listed in CQDSM, and it does show a status of success.

3) I have tried to manually run the discovery a number of times.

I may need ot be a bit more specific. 

What I am seeing is, phones that are "Registered" in CallManager do not show up in the DWC in CPCA. Phones which are not currently registered show up, but their type is "Unidentified", their State is "Unknown".

Any other thoughts of items to look at?

@rcfoltz

A few more items to check:

• There is a known issue that occurs when the CUCM System > Server parameter is setup using FQDN instead of IP address. If you're using FQDN with no DNS configured on both applications, change this value to the IP address and then delete and rediscover the cluster from PCA. If you're using FQDN in this field, a quick check is to ping the string from the PCA appliance to see if it resolves. If it fails, that's a problem.
  • Check for the following services and restart if necessary in CUCM: AXL Web Service, RIS Data Collector, SOAP - CDRonDemand (only in some versions). 

Anything beyond this will likely require some log analysis by TAC to determine what is the cause of failure to discover the registered endpoints. There are some network configurations that can be unfriendly to the discovery process as well like NAT and firewalls.

Thanks again for the input.

We are using FQDM, however, resolution is working from the CPCA server as I logged into the server CLI and pinged successfully by FQDN.

I also verified the services were running, and even rebooted the UCM servers and tried to rediscover, none of which helped.

Unfortunately, this is an Eval solution so TAC really isn't an option for me.

Again, thanks for the input!