Helpful
Replies

Prime Collaboration Assurance CDR retention period

Velin Georgiev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have some questions about the way CPCA handles the CDRs from CUCM clusters:

1) how long does CPCA keeps the collected CDRs?

2) Is it possible to change this period of CDR retention (make it longer)?

3) Is there a way to import older CDRs into CPCA in order to generate the Voice Call Quality CDR report for past period of time?

Thanks,

Velin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Velin,

CDR reports under Reports > Interactive Reports > CDR are only for upto 7 days.

With analytics, you can get the data upto 52 weeks. With top N caller report, you will be able to achieve what you are looking for.

Take a look at the attached screenshot. I have entered a caller 66002 and selected 4 weeks of data. I can expand it to 52 weeks if I am intereseted. The graph will show all the calls originated from 66002 during the last 4 weeks.

Also take a look at the Service experience reports.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/10.0/analytics/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Analytics_Guide_10_chapter_010.html

Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 8.28.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 8.32.37 AM.png

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

jiwhitte
Level 4
Level 4

hi Velin,

Prime Collaboration Assurance keeps CDR for about a month.  This period is not user adjustable nor is there an import feature.  Consider what information you need from the CDR to deternine if it is available in a Prime Collaboration Analytics report.

Regards,

Jim Whitten, Product Manager, Cisco

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the answer.

I need a report, which shows all the call records for a past period of time, let's say 3 or 6 months. That would be something like A called B on date/time XX. It is quite similar to the Voice Call Quality CDR report. If the CDRs are kept in CPC Assurance for a month, why I'm only able to see a Voice Call Quality CDR report for the last 7 days? Is there such report included in Analytics license?

Regards, Velin

Hi Velin,

CDR reports under Reports > Interactive Reports > CDR are only for upto 7 days.

With analytics, you can get the data upto 52 weeks. With top N caller report, you will be able to achieve what you are looking for.

Take a look at the attached screenshot. I have entered a caller 66002 and selected 4 weeks of data. I can expand it to 52 weeks if I am intereseted. The graph will show all the calls originated from 66002 during the last 4 weeks.

Also take a look at the Service experience reports.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/10.0/analytics/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Collaboration_Analytics_Guide_10_chapter_010.html

Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 8.28.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 8.32.37 AM.png

Thank you very much, I wll take a look at the Analytics reports

Hi again,

I have just one more question. If I have understood right, the Report Data Retention Period setting under Administration > SFTP Settings > Miscellaneous is the one that controls how many days the data is kept in CPCA database, before it is purged. By default this is set to 7 days, but I remeber that in Cisco Unified Service Monitor there was a way to change it. So I wonder if it is harmless for the CPCA system if I changed it to 31 days? What do you say?

Kind regards,

Velin

Hi

It is not harmless to change to more than 7 days in PCA because of performance issues.  It has been tested with only 7 days and anything more than that is not supported as we dont know the impact of increasing it to more.

So it is best to leave it at 7 days

Hello, in my lab i am not able to get the 52 weeks of data from CPC Analytics, I only get 5 weeks of data history.  Is there a setting that i need to change to keep 52 weeks of CDR ?

I know that for CPC Assurance theres the 7 day settings under: Administration > SFTP Settings > Miscellaneous, is there such a setting for CPC Analytic ?

If not could it be a settings under CUCM ?

Let me know your thought on this

Thank you

Hi Jean,

Analytics keeps data for 52 weeks without any settings. How long has it been since you installed Analytics?

Thanks,

Khurram

**STARTED NEW DISCUSSION THREAD: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12398046/missing-cdr-data-cpc-analytic ***

I have attached a print screen.

Analytic has been installed for nearly 2 years, the strange thing is that the data seems to be there in the main Detailed Analaytis graph at the top but its not there in the bottom report. To generate that data, I click on the links just bellow the graphs  and theres no data before decembre 15.

When you look at the Detailed Analaytis graph you see that theres data prior to december 15

I tried different types of report, for different directory number and I can never go above december 15 in the bottow report. The Top Detailed Analaytis graph always has date well before december 15.

Is it simply a bug ?

**STARTED NEW DISCUSSION THREAD: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12398046/missing-cdr-data-cpc-analytic ***