Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Collaboration Assurance Standard 11.0 : what can be monitored

gabriel.caclin
Level 4
Level 4

Hello !

I am playing around with Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance Standard in 11.0 version.

My goal is to trigger alarms and cpu/ram/hdd from a customer infrastructure which is quite big, but only concerns one cluster:

- CUCM

- Unity Connection

- IM&P

- UCCX

- Expressways

- CWMS

- UCS B6/7K and CIMC

- Windows server for third party app

- Vocie Gateways 2911

- Voice Gateways VG224

As far as I see, regarding the documentations, in standard version, CUCM/Unity/IM&P/Expressways are able to be monitored. I implement it and at least it works.

Regarding the rest of the infrastructure, I am thinking about doing it using SNMP only, and I would like to know if Standard version can successfully do this?

I try implementing this using the disocvery with specific credential template for each server, typing ANY instead of choosing videoconference related items. But it looks it always want to try SNMP and HTTP.

Any idea?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gabriel,

Please check the following link for SNMP related info

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Setting_up_Devices_for_Prime_Collaboration_Assurance#Enable_SNMP_11

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Manish,

Thanks.

I was able to go further and add to the Standard version the following kind of equipments (add meaning Discovered and managed);

- CUCM

- UnityConnection

- IMP

- ISR 2911

- VG224

- Expressway

- Windows Server

I have to go further for UCCX, CIMC and ESX.

However, in the the monitoring section, it's only possible to see some graphical reports of CUCM/IMP/UnityConnection. Is there a way with the Standard version to have this information for Expressway, ISSR etc... ?

As the devices are mentionned as successfully managed by Prime Standard, does it permet to retrieve their alarms? Especially for Expressway, ISR, Windows (CPU, RAM etc alerts) ?

gabriel.caclin
Level 4
Level 4

Ok, so from what I see: Prime Collaboration Assurance Standard only shows and retrive stats from CUCM cluster/unityconnection/IMP.

If you need further stats from other devices such as gateways, etc... you have to be in Advanced...

However, in Advanced, is it possible to monitor CWMS? Or importing MIB to monitor windows server specific services?

I think it's a bit too much, as this not a dedicated monitoring tool.