Helpful
Replies

Prime Collaboration Assurance Standard (PCA) CUCM Integration

Piotr Mlodawski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have several questions reagrding Prime Collaboration Assurance Standard 10.6,
since I was unable to find info about those topics in the documentation..

1. My intention is to forward alerts / notifications (reported my the managed CUCM to PCA) from PCA Standard to the external system (ex. Cacti, Nagios)
  What are the ways I can accomplish that task?
  - send SNMP trap to the external system?
  - send syslog to the external system?
  - PCA being audited using SNMP by the external system(where to enter the community string?)

I was only able to find an option to send an email notification.....

2. We are monitring a CUCM/IM&P cluster using PCA Standard
    Apart from connecting to CUCM cluster with web credentials,
    does it make sense to send
    - SNMP trap
    - Sylog
    - CDRs
    from CUCM to PCA Standard?
    Is PCA Standard making use of this information for presenting alerts/events?

Regards

Piotr

1 Reply 1

TomTom1313
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Piotr, all,

did you ever get an answer to your questions? I'm particularly interested in the "CUCM/PCA integration" part (2.).

I know there is a document about this in the docwiki, but I'm not sure if it really covers everything. My main question is, do I have to set up PCA as a trap destination on CUCM (this is not mentioned, but I believe to recall that I've read that somewhere...)?

Also, must all the config be done on all CUCM servers in the cluster or just the Pub? Currently we get the same alarm (eg "SyslogSeverityMatchFound") reported several times (from all the servers), which we want to avoid.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: