cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Collaboration Deployment - DNS Failure

spencermoore
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to deploy PCD, but am receiving DNS errors. PCD throws an error indicating there is a hostname/IP mismatch, but NSLOOKUP confirms otherwise. Thanks for your time. See screenshot.

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you are able to resolve using nslookup is only forward DNS lookup entry, there might still be an issue with reverse DNS lookup entry. Hence, I would recommend to double check both the forward and reverse lookup entries on the DNS server one more time and ensure they are configured correctly and under the right domain.

Regards

Deepak

I checked both nslookup hostame and nslookup ip address and the results were the same with the correct domain name. I'm attempting to restart the PCD deployment process and use another DNS server.

spencermoore
Level 1
Level 1

This appears to have been some type of cosmetic bug. I was able to proceed without DNS verification and PCD deployed (with working DNS) without issue.

Hi spencermoore,

please tell me how you did that? I'm having the same problem and the TAC has not found the problem yet. How did you skip the DNS check?

thank you

cesorteg,

It's been several months since I did the deployment, but if memory serves there was an option to "skip" or "proceed anyway" after the DNS verification process. I never determined the root cause of the issue and didn't encounter any DNS related issues during my migration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: