Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Collaboration Deployment - Migration of CUCM 6.1.5 to 10

Hello,

only for information because I failed to find any information about this.

we try to migrate old CUCM 6.1.5 on MCS platform to CUCM 10 on VMware with PCD. When we add discovery task to old cluster it ends with "Discovery completed with errors". With TAC enginer we found that there is 30 seconds timeout to get hardware in script and therefore it ends with errors.

You can try "show hardware" via CLI and measure how long it takes. If it's more than 30 seconds then timeout must be changed via root in script on PCD server (ask TAC :))

1 Reply 1

New experience - problem above was on PCD version 10 and we have another issue in migration task when process can't export configuration from old CUCM 6.1.5 cluster (I hope some another timers).

We got new version of PCD 10.5.1.1000-4 from TAC engineer and it works better but still in process of migration of subscriber it cannot continue due to some issue with starting tomcat service on fresh installed subscriber. Therefore we continue manually with installation of subscribers because migration of publisher was done by PCD.

In this case You must check some server related data to manually migrate like MoH, some cop files like language pack's ...

But still thanks Cisco for this tool because step-by-step upgrade from 6 to 10 is terrible.

I hope issue with Tomcat was only on our side and you will try to reinstall subscriber manually and continue with task in PCD. We cancel task with TAC engineer because had little time for whole migration :(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: