6 months after last posting about UCCX upgrades with PCD, it is still broken and not usable.
A PCD upgrade of UCCX NEVER FINISHES because the OS never reports that the installation has finished.
Certainly an issue for the CCBU that needs to be addressed. Seems like a simple thing to fix....
Hi Cliff, Thank you for posting all the most valuable info about the previous versions of PCD tools and their draw backs. We are planning to upgrade our CUCM 9.1.2 to 11.5. CUXN 9.1.2 to 11.5 and UCCX 9.0.2 to 11.5 soon. I plan to use PCD 11.5.3 for my upgrade tasks. Do you think PCD 11.5.3 resolved all your previous issues that you have gone thru in this discussion and would you recommend this tool for smooth upgrade?
@cmcglamry ... questions on your 1-6.
1. I was looking for exactly that. But while it's nice to know where it is, that placement makes little sense. All other Prime products have their own area. And this product is used with more than just CUCM. Just noting here.
2. I used the "set network ip eth0". In CUCM there was a requirement to update the server IP address first on the server table. There is no place to do that on PCD, and the documentation doesn't address any special limitation or process for an IP address change that I can find.
3. Chrome and Firefox (latest)
4. In my case, I added "BOOTABLE_" in front of bootable iso's not otherwise marked as such when I got them.
5. Take your pick. I can't locate specific PCD direction in any location.
6. Correct, and upgrade task hangs. It's very reproducable in my lab.
It baffles me that Cisco isn't doing a better job vetting this tool.
Currently trying to use PCD 12.5. Customer has a CUCM v9 cluster we need to migrate to new hostnames/ips on version 11.5(1) latest SU.
After getting everything set up and starting to program the migration task, we hit a deal killer.
You CANNOT deselect the optional step of shutting down the existing CUCM publisher. The option to select the node and move it to the deselected side is greyed out and disabled. Also cannot delete this optional step.
Engineering is ready to have a demo of the PCD/UCM serviceability and status improvements they've been making in 11.5. We'll record it, but if you'd like to attend live we'd love to have you on the call to get some feedback.