cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Collaboration Provisioning 11.0 - how do I assign user role to CUCM synched users?

jstrittmatter
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I have a PCP 11.0 and synchronized all CUCM users and infrastructure to Provisioning. All these users have empty user role in user provisioning. without having a user role I'm not able to provision any new service for the user.

I do not know how CUCM synchronized users are matched with existing user roles. For LDAP synchronization there are such LDAP filters with match rules configurable in the domain, but I don't find anything corresponding for CUCM synchronized users. A Settign for a default user role for any CUCM synchronized user would also be helpful.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Els
Level 5
Level 5

To fix your currently affected users, I'd suggest using a Batch file to associate all your users to a User Role.  This can at least correct your immediate problem.  Use the batch samples in 11.x, these are far better than in previous versions!

Not sure about how to solve this going forward, will have a look and if I see anything will post back.

Do you have experience using the batch provisioning function? I have been struggling to get PCP 11.2 to accept my tsv file even though I copy Cisco documentation exactly. Also tried using PCP 'batch help' mimicking that exactly as well to no avail. Here is the doc I'm trying to import, all I receive is "error"

hi Mike,

I highly recommend not creating a batch file separately outside PCP as that would require you to stick to the right syntax and can make troubleshooting extremely hard. Please use the batch interface in 11.2 to create batch tasks. You can then export that into a spreadsheet and modify that outside of PCP.

HTH

dilip

Technical Marketing, Prime Collaboration Provisioning.

Can you elaborate or give me a link to using batch provisioning? I am in batch Provisioning, click 'add batch actions' > then it gives me many options. I clicked 'AddPhone.txt' tried opening it in Excel but I am given the error 'Data is corrupt'. 

For this project we are synchronizing username/password information from the AD server and my plan was to addPhone information to match with the users imported. Is there a better approach? Note: I've never used PCP before, sorry for the novice question. Thank you for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: