Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime collaboration rovision root and admin accounts

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I am installing the latest Prime Collaboration Provisioning program in my LAB (12.2.0.659). During installation of ova file it asks for to set password for globaladmin, but not for root nor for admin. So how do I set these passwords? According to installation  manual the CLI and root password are set during installation, but they are not

Thankls

JH

11 Replies 11

Steffen Lehmann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This seems to be a documentation defect. Starting with 12.x there´s no admin/cli access.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/12-1/release/notes/cpco_b_cisco-prime-collaboration-provisioning-release-notes-12-1.html#topic_DFBCA55BE8A14F5C822C58F76052C67F

HTH

Steffen

Thank you

One question, how do I shutdown this machine? From the GUI it seems I can only do reboot, and from ESXi I don't have the option to "Shut Down Guest"

Bye

Jan

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/12-2/release/notes/cpco_b_cisco-prime-collaboration-provisioning-release-notes-12-2.html

CSCve86794 – ShutDown/Restart Guest OS is not enabled on PCP 12.x VM

Will be fixed asap, at the moment workaround is to initiate reboot and wait in front of the VMConsole ;-)   

Steffen

:)

Thanks

Jan

Has this power down issue been fixed yet?  Will the option to power down PCP be added to the web GUI?

PCP 12.3 and later come with VMware tools within the installation.  You can shutdown the application from the VMware console.  There is a roadmap item to put a shutdown button next to the reboot button to allow you to shutdown PCP from within the UI. Look for this in a summer release of PCP.

Regards

PCP 12.3 and later come with VMware tools within the installation.  You can shutdown the application from the VMware console.  There is a roadmap item to put a shutdown button next to the reboot button to allow you to shutdown PCP from within the UI. Look for this in a summer release of PCP.

Regards

Still waiting for this option to be added or I am looking in the wrong place for the option to start a graceful shut down. This has become an issue for my deployment of PCP. 

malramak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

From 12.1 onwards we don't have root nor admin, while installing ova we need set password for only globaladmin.

Note : Text copied from Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning 12.1 Release Notes

New Features and Changed Features

Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning 12.1 supports the following new features.

Root Access Disable

The root user login to access PCP cli that was available in earlier PCP version has been disabled as part of security improvements. You can now login as a troubleshooting user for a secured, time based, and limited access to the PCP functionalities.

ref ::  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/collaboration/12-1/release/notes/cpco_b_cisco-prime-collaboration-provisioning-release-notes-12-1.html#topic_DFBCA55BE8A14F5C822C58F76052C67F

Thanks,

Rama

This is hardly a feature.  No CLI access is an issue for those of us that need to troubleshoot.  It takes way too long to open a TAC case to request access. Consider this as a bug to be remediated in future releases.

For the Federal/DOD market, we needed to remove root completely for PCP.  Having root/sudo just under access control is not good enough for some high security customers. 

Besides moving more functions to the PCP UIs, I am considering an alternate install option with a sudo type UI available.    In the mean time TAC is the main way to get a troubleshooting account. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: