cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Deployment simple upgrade

Danny Mainprize
Level 1
Level 1

There has to be a better way to do this.  I would like to use Prime Collaboration Deployment to run a simple upgrade of my existing CUCM stack.  11.5.1 SR6 to 11.5.1 SR7.  So far it has been two days of error messages, clusters that do not exist, then suddenly do, then do not again, and documentation that is years old.

Can someone spell this out in plain english for me please?  I started a brand new collab deploy server with the latest version avaliable at time of writing and got it all installed.  I should go to inventory, discover a cluster, give it my publisher, and let it discover all the pieces and parts.  Then I can upload the upgrade ISO's via sftp.  Then go to tasks and create an upgrade task and let it do its thing correct?  What am I missing for a simple minor version update?

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of PCD are you using and what errors are you receiving?

The overall process is as you mention, however if there is a problem with your cluster, DB, data consistency, etc. PCD will not fix any of that for you, and you would get the same outcome if you try a manual upgrade.

Did you try the pre upgrade COP file to make sure there were no issues that would prevent your upgrade?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I am running 11.6.2.10000-7.  I have discovered my cluster and the 4 servers that are in it.  It says successful in the inventory page.  When I go to the tasks page and try to create a new upgrade task it tells me no cluster found.  If I wait a few seconds and try again then it go to the page where I select the cluster and products, but the dropdowns won't list anything.  Then they will list the cluster.  Then it won't list them. 

I did use the pre-upgrade cop and it was fine.  I finally got tired or fooling with PCD and started doing a manual upgrade.  The manual has so far gone without the slightest issue.  It is just way more time consuming and I'd still like to figure out why PCD won't work.

It's usually recommended to run the latest PCD release as they keep fixing and enhancing the tool, if you want root cause analysis from why it didn't work you would need to open a TAC to have that investigated.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Upgrade PCD to version 12.5 or spin up new one, some of the drop downs don't work in PCD and you need to use down arrow on keyboard instead of clicking on the drop down in order for it to work.  

I would even go as far as recommend to upgrade PCD to 12.6.1.

Response Signature

I had a whole answer typed up and forgot to actually post it.

I didn't realize that I could go past the version that matched up with my version of call manager.  I went ahead and upgraded PCD to the latest 12.6.1 and I'll see if it helps the next time Cisco releases a SR I need to apply.

Thanks all.

PCD is backwards compatible with three versions I believe.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: