Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime License Manager 10.5 Cluster?

Hello

I'm installing a new BE6K with version 10.5. I've see the the former ELM has been replaced by Prime License Manager and, as its precessor, it is installed automaically with Callmanager and Unity COnnection. I would like to install a standalone License Manager (on version 9,x it was possible) and here you are my questions:

1. Is it possible to install a standalone Prime License Manager v10.5 on a BE6K?

2. If so, can I have a 'second Prime License Manager node' on a second BE6K unit? The idea is to avoid having a single point of failure on that server

Thank you in advance for your help

DAni

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The BE6K is no different than the regular CUCM.  So, yes, you can install PLM in standalone mode.  But no, you cannot have two.

With Cisco Business Edition 6000, Prime LM would typically be co-resident with one of the 
application servers. However, if desired, it is possible to run Prime LM as a standalone virtual 
machine, but it would need to be counted against the maximum number of applications allowed on 
a Cisco Business Edition 6000 server. 

Prime LM is deployed as a non-redundant application. In the event that the Prime LM application 
becomes unavailable (for example, if the Prime LM virtual machine is experiencing operating system 
issues and it cannot boot up), the customer has 60 days to restore the Prime LM application before 
license enforcement occurs

Source: CUCM SRND

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The BE6K is no different than the regular CUCM.  So, yes, you can install PLM in standalone mode.  But no, you cannot have two.

With Cisco Business Edition 6000, Prime LM would typically be co-resident with one of the 
application servers. However, if desired, it is possible to run Prime LM as a standalone virtual 
machine, but it would need to be counted against the maximum number of applications allowed on 
a Cisco Business Edition 6000 server. 

Prime LM is deployed as a non-redundant application. In the event that the Prime LM application 
becomes unavailable (for example, if the Prime LM virtual machine is experiencing operating system 
issues and it cannot boot up), the customer has 60 days to restore the Prime LM application before 
license enforcement occurs

Source: CUCM SRND

Hi Anthony

thank you very much for your answer. I'm trying to rate your comment and I don't know how I can do it

DAni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: