cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Auto Attendant set -up

techie2008_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Unity 5.0 with CUCM 7.1.  I have set up auto attendants with Call Handler at 2 high schools.  One works perfectly.  The other is set up a little differently because it is only supposed to work after hours.  However, I can not get the after hours one to work properly.  Every time I call to check the menus, I get a message telling me, "The example administrator is unavailable please leave a message."  I have opened the call handlers up side by on my screens and they are exactly the same as far as I can tell. (I have done this several times and had a colleague do it as well).  It's driving me a little crazy at this point.  Any help would be appreciated.

21 Replies 21

Brent,

I'm about to head out of a client site and head home.  I'll look at my Unity setup in the lab and try to help you straighten this out.  What you're trying to do is feasible and I hate to see you having problems with it.  I'll check back on the post once I get to my "lair", i.e. lab.

Hailey

Brent,

Sorry for the delay...so, I think this may be your issue.  Even though you don't intend to use the Standard Greeting, it still applies because it is enabled and would be applicable during whatever hours are considered Open.  So, correct me if I'm wrong:

You want the CH to play nothing during school hours but play a closed greeting during after hours.  So your schedule has the school day specified as open and then all others as closed (i.e., the After Hours).  Correct?

Based on that assumption above, you would want to try the following:

Greetings > Standard - even if you record nothing, the System greeting is default and the After greeting action is take message.  So, since the CH owner is EAdmin - you hear the system greeting when you call in which is the "...Example Administrator is not available..."  and so on.  So, to bypass this the configuration:

Greetings > Standard > Source --> Set this to "Blank", for the After Greeting action select, "Send Caller to" and then you can use "Hang Up", send to a directory handler, or however you want to handle this.  I don't know that I'd go with the hang up option, you may want to transfer to a Directory Handler or a Subscriber (like an admin in the school office)...but that's all up to you.  This will essentially provide an empty Standard Greeting and then go directly to the After Greeting action you choose.

Then for the Closed greeting, you want to enable it (which you did).  Record a greeting (which you did) and then select the appropriate After Greeting action (default is Hang Up).

Give it a shot.  Let me know if it works for you and if you have any questions.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Well, that kind of worked.  It doesn't go to example administrator anymore, however it does skip the opening greeting and goes straight to the main Menu Call Handler.  I tried to make it go to the opening greeting with no success.  I opened a TAC case on Thursday and I am still waithing for my call back.

What is the exact Call Flow you want here?

1) Open Hours --> Call goes where, what options?  Callers hear what?

2) Closed Hours --> Call goes where, what options?  Callers hear what?

Your initial description of the CH was, I thought, for callers to basically hear nothing except for when a school was closed.  However, now you're talking about Opening Greeting and Main Menu Call Handlers so there is some call flow here that needs to be flushed out.

Hailey

Open Hours - 7 am to 4 pm - The phone is answered.  No Call Handler

After Hours - 4 pm to 7 am - The Phone is picked up by the Call Handler.  It goes to an Opening Greeting followed by a Main menu in either Spanish or English and then several sub menus.

OK.

Example: Create a CH 1 = Open_CH, Create CH 2 = Closed_CH-OpeningGreeting

Greetings > Standard > Source = Blank

Greetings > Standard > After Greeting = Send Caller to Subscriber (Select "Attempt Transfer For") and then the actual Subscriber

Greetings > Closed = Enabled

Greetings > Closed > Source = Blank

Greetings > Closed > After Greeting = Send Caller to Call Handler "Closed_CH-OpeningGreeting"

Closed_CH-OpeningGreeting. The standard greeting will be used. It should say, "For English, press 1. For Spanish, press 2" and repeat in Spanish for Spanish-speaking callers.

Option 1 goes to a new Call Handler. Create CH 3 = Closed_CH-En, record all prompts in English. Do whatever you need for Caller Input as well.

Option 2 goes to a new Call Handler. Create CH 4 = Closed_CH-Sp, record all prompts in Spanish. Do whatever you need for Caller Input as well.

The only is if you need to be able to route to multiple callers on the first action - i.e., calls during open hours are answered with no greetings. You have 2 choices. You can translate the inbound number and the configure it as a generic school number. Ex: 7035551212 translates to 7031091100. This number is a CTI route point to go to voice mail and you have a number such as 7031091000 as a generic VM for the various admins that should answer calls. This number is a subscriber but is set up as a Hunt Pilot with Line Group Members, alternate MWI, etc (or just a shared line). The second choice is probably cleaner for you. You skip the Call Handler for open hours all together. Use ToD routing rules on CUCM and after hours send calls directly to the CH that offers the English and Spanish options.

That's about it.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Ok, David, your answer is correct.  TAC finally called me back.  However, I didn't set it up exactly that way since this school doesn't want the Auto attendant to answer the phone during the day.  So it is set up correctly and the receptionist will just call forward all when she leaves.  We were going to do it the way you described, but it was going to involve a lot of configuration changes - both in Unity and Call Manager.  Thanks to everyone for the help..