cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with DIRT Restore

timd
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to do a server hardware swap of a v4.0.4sr1, Exch, VM server. New server has same name, IP, passwords as the existing server and is loaded with the same patches and service packs. The new server has just a the Unity service accounts, ie: UnityAdmin, UnityMsgStoreSvc, UnityDirSvc accounts and one test user (who does not exist on working server) created to make sure I was able to create a user. Unity on the new server seems to operate properly and the Opening Greeting plays when connected to network with CM server. Used DIRT backup v1.0.117 after running a clean DBWalker. Then using the Unity Install and admin account of UnityAdmin (the same one that can create a user in SA), tried to used DIRT Restore v. 1.1.6, but the utility clicks off the 1st 3 checkboxes, then after about a minute just disappears from the screen. Check Task Manager and the process is no longer running. After that if I reboot the server and go back into SA, then to Subscriber Profile Page I get errors on the page. I have found a way to recover from that with TAC’s help. I'll attach the DIRT Backup and Restore Logs.

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known issue - it has to do with removing registry branches and a service (the TSP actually) aggresively stuffing the branch back in - it "fights" with it for a while and eventually loses the battle and drops out of memory. It doesn't happen on most systems but I've seen it on a few.

I have a version that fixes this - I haven't posted it yet (I will later today). I'll post it probably in a few hours. You can ping me direclty if you don't want to wait that long and I can shoot you a copy...

Ok, version 1.1.7 is posted:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DisasterRecoveryTools.htm

let me know if this solves your problem or not...

Thanks, I will do this tomorrow first thing and let you know.

Well it looks like that resolved the problem. It ran with no errors and DBWalker was clean after that. Thanks!