Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with GB Language file and Unity 8.5

benspark22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have installed the following language file on a Cisco Unity 8.5 server (uc-locale-en_GB-8.5.1.1-24.cop.sgn) installation was successful.  I restarted the 2 x services as in the instructions.  I can then changed the default system language to the GB and then the voice changes to the UK version as opposed to the American version.  However I cannot leave any messages on the system, and if I try to press the # for more options when leaving a message it tells me the system is currently unavailable. 

I have then changed the default language back to American and restart the services and the voicemail works fine

Could somebody please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Ben,

Looking at the file name given I am guessing you have a Unity Connections server rather than Unity?

What is the EXACT version of CUC your running, I noticed that the ES24 locales are not compatible with 8.5.1(SU1) (System version: 8.5.1.11900-21) and there is some statement that corruption may occur.

The correct file for 8.5.1(SU1) is uc-locale-en_GB-8.5.1.1-16.cop.sgn

Hope this helps,

Craig

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Ben,

Looking at the file name given I am guessing you have a Unity Connections server rather than Unity?

What is the EXACT version of CUC your running, I noticed that the ES24 locales are not compatible with 8.5.1(SU1) (System version: 8.5.1.11900-21) and there is some statement that corruption may occur.

The correct file for 8.5.1(SU1) is uc-locale-en_GB-8.5.1.1-16.cop.sgn

Hope this helps,

Craig

Hi Craig thanks for the reply

I have the following version

8.5.1.10000-26

Is there anyway to remove the uc-locale-en_GB-8.5.1.1-24.cop.sgn file

Thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ben,

Just to add a note to the excellent info from Craig (+5 "C")

delete cuc locale (Cisco Unity Connection Only)

This command deletes the specified locale and all of the associated files and settings from Connection.

Command syntax

delete cuc locale locale-id

Parameters

locale-id represents the ID of the locale that you want to delete.

For a list of installed locales and their IDs, run the show cuc locales (Cisco Unity Connection Only) command. Be aware that locale IDs are case sensitive.

Usage Guidelines

Before you run this command, you must stop the Connection Conversation Manager and Connection Mixer services. After you run this command, you must restart the Connection Conversation Manager and Connection Mixer services.

Requirements

Command privilege level: 1

Allowed during upgrade: Yes

Example

The following example deletes the en-GB locale and all of the associated files and settings.

delete cuc locale en-GB

en-GB uninstalled

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/8_5_1/cli_ref_851.html#wp39459

Cheers!

Rob

Hi both

Thanks for your replies

Craig you were right about the version, it is now working perfectly with that version

Rob - Thanks for your reply but for some reason kept getting returned back to the login box on the CLI even with successful login, reinstalled the server as it was a new server then installed the correct version of the file and CLI is working perfectly now as well

Thanks Rob - your post got me out of a hole +5

I guess I need to read Release Notes more carefully before installing locales

Cheers

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: