Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with notofication voice message by email

akram.root
Level 4
Level 4

Hello ,

I have a cisco unity connection 11.5 all work fine , the problem that i have when i sent a voice message via ip phone to another IP phone , the voice message  appear and work on ip phone , but it not appear on voice mail .

Could you help me please 

Best regards 

Akram 

6 Replies 6

What do you mean by “but it not appear on voice mail”? The message you see, by the MWI, and can listen to on the phone is in your voice mail system. Do you mean that the voice message does not appear in your mail client?

Response Signature

Hi ,

Yes , the voice message does not appear in  mail client.

Best regards

Have you configured CUC to integrate to your mail system?

Response Signature

Yes , it's configured and tested already 

Have you?
1. Associated a UM service with the user? (User > Edit > Unified Messaging Accounts)
2. Ensured that the SMTP proxy address matches the end-user's email address. If AD integrated and the mail address is correct, we check the box "Generate SMTP Proxy Address From Corporate Email Address".  Alternatively you can click into the Edit User Basics >  Unified Messaging Accounts  > Edit Unified Messaging Account  (Service Name) and manually set the SMTP address
3 From the same menu above, test the UM account for the user.  Any issues should give you the info you need to troubleshoot further.

Response Signature

Do messages from one IP phone to another appear with a "From:" of an actual person? This can happen in a UM configuration. If so, are there any filter rules that are moving the email from a particular sender to a folder?