cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with shared lines and CTI adapter (Cisco UCM TSP 7.1)

CSCO11894119
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem with a third-party CTI application (AMC Technology - Contact Canvas) for Salesforce. Some of our users share line's but each line that is shared has one primary owner. In other words, the line is present in case the owner (primary) is unavailable to answer the phone, a colleague could answer with his/her own phone.

For some users, this is presenting a problem by picking up the wrong phone for a 'click-to-call' function. There is a consistency for the users/extensions it is happening to, but it is not happening to everyone.

Our current platform is a Cisco UCM running 7.1.5 and utilizing the pre-packaged CiscoTSP.exe plugin that we installed on the third party CTI application server. I have reached out to support to AMC Technology to see if i could designate a primary DN for device/mac address, but they are telling me they do not handle any decision making and are pointing me back to Cisco.

Does anybody have any idea's where to begin to configure, if even possible with the Cisco UCM? I attached a screenshot of what is presented to the CiscoTSP/AMC server to give you an idea how many lines could potentially be utilized. If i could remove it one by one that would suffice, but i don't believe I can.

In the attachment: I ommited all but the last 4 digits of the Device ID and 1425 is the extension in question.

3 Replies 3

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a particular reason that you're having the same DN on multiple phones? I've never used the CTI app that you mentioned, but would it allow a blf with call pickup abilities rather than a shared extension?

Gareth

Thanks for chiming in Gareth, the same DN has been established as standard practice throughout the firm, regardless of how archaic it is. Are you familiar with other CTI applications that server a similar purpose? How did they handle extension/device associations? I am going through our UCM at the moment to associate Device Association with End Users, but that doesn't seem to be helping any. I wonder if the decison is indeed being made on the Cisco UCM for which line to open with CTI. And if so, how it is looking it up.

Well the big one would be UCCX, which really doesn't like shared lines (probably because of this issue!)

Has this ever worked?

Gareth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: