cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Product Instance has pre-9.0 licenses installed. These can be migrated via the License Planning page.

ybpants
Level 5
Level 5

I am looking at upgrading my UC cluster from 9.1 to 10.5 and when looking at ELM I see the following message at the bottom of the Inventory > Product Instances page:

Product Instance has pre-9.0 licenses installed. These can be migrated via the License Planning page.

I have searched around but I cannot find any info on this message or how i am supposed to migrate the licenses.

Has anyone seen this before?  Any suggests?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Not aware of the same error message but did u migrate from CUCM version 5/6/7/8 to 9.0

if yes, did u install all the licenses /unused PAKs before migration  to 9.0?

regds,

aman

You would only get that if you upgraded to 9.1 and didn't upgrade the licenses through ELM.  I would consult with cisco tac (licensing) or your cisco partner to validate you're fully in compliance and that nothing was missed when you upgraded to 9.

Check out this tech note on license migration from 8.x to 9.x to verify you do this before going to 10.5.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/116231-technote-cucm-00.html

It basically involves going to the license planning page, performing the 'license upgrade', select the product instance and counts then send that all over to licensing @ cisco.com with a license request.

Good luck.

It seems that this message is cosmetic and i am about to upgrade to 10.5 to see if the new licensing clears it...fingers crossed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: