Views
Helpful
Replies

Proper shutdown of HA UC Environment

paul_romsos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community.  

I need to shut down one of my two UCS servers to replace a battery on the RAID controller.  Being that I'm running UCM (9.1.2), Connection(9.1.2) and CCX (9.0.2) in a high availability setup between the two UCS servers is there a proper procedure to ensure that when I shut down all the applications on the one UCS server nothing gets corrupted or damaged?  I realize that the whole point of HA is that you can lose one node without consequence, just curious if there were some recommendations based on past experiences to ensure that I won't run into issues when shutting one side down or bringing it back online.  If it's just simply a shutdown of all the applications on the one server, battery swap, and start back up that's easy enough.

Any hints\tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

That should be all, shut down the individual applications and do what you have to do. If you want to be extra careful, you could make the UCCX/UCN that are not going to be shut the primary. For Unity Connection, its under Unity Connection Serviceability, Tools and cluster management. For UCCX, its going Unified CCX Serviceability, Control Center and restart CCX Engine on the server that needs to be the slave. This will automatically be done when when you restart the service. Of course the redundancy aspect depends on how well its configured too. :)

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

That should be all, shut down the individual applications and do what you have to do. If you want to be extra careful, you could make the UCCX/UCN that are not going to be shut the primary. For Unity Connection, its under Unity Connection Serviceability, Tools and cluster management. For UCCX, its going Unified CCX Serviceability, Control Center and restart CCX Engine on the server that needs to be the slave. This will automatically be done when when you restart the service. Of course the redundancy aspect depends on how well its configured too. :)

Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: