cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSAP callback number just rings, does not route to phone

markpexa1
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup ELINs in Emergency Responder.  All of my PSAP callbacks work, except one.  It will just ring and not route to the phone.

Here is some setup information:

PSAP Callback CTI Route Point Directory Number:  913XXXXXXXXXX (area code removed)

Translaton Pattern Settings for PSAP Callback:  913XXXXXX - Prefix digits, called party transformations (area code prefix defined, but removed)

PSAP Callback Route Point Pattern: 913XXXXXXXXXX (area code removed)

ELIN Digit Strip:  913   

Thoughts?             

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your TP should not have 913 in it, it should match the called number (ELIN) range and prefix 913 to it. So let's assume you are getting all 10 digits from telco, such as 312555505X (ELIN range), your pattern should be 312555505X, prefix 913 with CSS that has access to the 913XXXXXXXXXX CTI Route Point.

If you are only getting lets say 4 digits from telco, then the pattern would be 505X, prefix 9132312555.

Also, keep in mind that CER will only maintain the ELIN-Phone DN relationship for up to 3 hours after the call was made.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris.  The TP is only 4 digits.  The prefix digits are 913XXXXXX.

You have to prefix the actual number, you cannot just prefix XXXXXX as CUCM does not know what the number is if you only receive last 4 digits. Ultimately when the call hits CER it needs to match the actual ELIN configured. What are the ELINs configured as?

Chris

I am prefixing the actual number.  Per my original post, I have removed and replaced with X's.  I don't want to disclose the entire number in a public forum.  Maybe I should have used a different letter than X or used a fake number.  My apologies.

The ELIN in CER is configured as 2016.911 as the route/translation pattern and the ELIN has the full ten digit number.

Couple of things to check:

1. Ensure the call actually comes to you by performing a debug on the ingress GW

2. Look at CER logs as those show all callbacks to ensure the call gets routed to CER properly, you will see why it fails

3. Are you certain the call went out using this ELIN, if so how long before trying the call back? You can check the CER call history.

HTH,

Chris

I will look into points 1 and 2.  I verified the number when calling the PSAP and they called me right back on it.  Less than one minute.  No other 911 calls made during that time.  I will double check CER call hx.  Thanks for the input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: