cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN lab configuration

AvidPontoon1
Level 1
Level 1

So I have 10 phones registered on CUCM, these are a mix of soft phones and hard phones. They can all call each other but now I want to be able to make outbound calls to the outside of the network i.e my mobile. 

How do I configure this on the CUCM server and is the there a free way to do so as it is only for lab use? 

Thanks 

4 Replies 4

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
I don't think that there's a way to do it free. In order to make outbound calls you must connect to a service provider, and I doubt that there will be a service provider that'll give you a SIP trunk for free.

So there was a great way to do this in the past where you would install a freepbx asterisk system in front and use google voice then just trunk to the CME.

The google voice account needed like cell phone but did give you I think some basic free access like inbound only or something.

I think there are more than a couple of other sip trunk services that people recommend for this. If you google around I am sure you can find some. Mostly paid services like Slavik said.

Can I use a Sip trunk with sccp phones? 

@Gregory Brunn wrote:

So there was a great way to do this in the past where you would install a freepbx asterisk system in front and use google voice then just trunk to the CME.

The google voice account needed like cell phone but did give you I think some basic free access like inbound only or something.

I think there are more than a couple of other sip trunk services that people recommend for this. If you google around I am sure you can find some. Mostly paid services like Slavik said.

Yes