cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Publisher to be offline more than a few days - Concerns

CraigWPerkins
Level 1
Level 1

This is my first post, and I am a Cisco VoIP newbie, but I am eager to learn and will take any link, references or advice given.

We have a two node Call Manager 7.1.3 (CM) cluster (Publisher and Subscriber).  We will be moving the Publisher offsite to a CoLo in Las Vegas.  The Publisher could be offline as many as 5 days.  Due to the Publisher being the only server that can write to the CM database (DB), I understand that we can't make changes to our phone system during that time, as well other minor things like changing Call Forward All on phones.

My question is, will having the Publisher offline for up to 5 days cause any users to disappear from our CM DB?  As far as I know, the Subscriber has a read-only copy of the database, so users shouldn't disappear during that time, correct?  Our integrator has suggested that CM DB records could be 'tombstoned' if the Publisher is not able to do an LDAP sync within a certain time interval, so the concern would be that when the Publisher is brought up, it will start removing users from the CM DB.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Couple of things, your version has UFF so CFA and other stuff will work.

You mention LDAP, so that's something you need to be really careful

You can read here how that works:

Synchronization Mechanism

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/directry.html#wp1045229

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Couple of things, your version has UFF so CFA and other stuff will work.

You mention LDAP, so that's something you need to be really careful

You can read here how that works:

Synchronization Mechanism

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/directry.html#wp1045229

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

CraigWPerkins
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for that link, java.  It was helpful, and based on the information given, I bumped my LDAP/CM sync interval to once per month until the Publisher relocation is complete.  I'll post another reply when this move is done next week in the hopes that someone facing a similar scenario will know what happens.

CraigWPerkins
Level 1
Level 1

Epilogue:  The Publisher was installed at our CoLo in Las Vegas without any problems.  The server was offline for three days, but there were no problems with users disappearing from the Call Manager DB.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: