Views
Helpful
Replies

PVDM module - 2x64 or 1x128

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there any difference in term of performance between 2xPVDM3-64 and 1xPVDM-128? (I normally selected 2 RAM sticks for my PC instead of 1 (i.e 2x8 is more preferred than 1x16), but not sure if the same theory applies to PVDM)

Thanks,

hoanghiep

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The same logic does not apply to DSPs. I typically recommend using fewer larger PVDMs so you have available slots on the mainboard should you need to expand in the future.

View solution in original post

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with Jonathan (+5), also keep in mind in case you start looking at new routers the ISR4K which use PVDM4 only have one PVDM slot on the motherboard, so you would want to beep it up as much as possible up front.

Chris 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The same logic does not apply to DSPs. I typically recommend using fewer larger PVDMs so you have available slots on the mainboard should you need to expand in the future.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree with Jonathan (+5), also keep in mind in case you start looking at new routers the ISR4K which use PVDM4 only have one PVDM slot on the motherboard, so you would want to beep it up as much as possible up front.

Chris 

Thanks Jon and Chris for your answers. I used to select the larger DSP option too, but recently thought if the other option had advantage on performance and avoid single point of (DSP hardware) failure. Will stick with large DSP option.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: