cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS Classification and Policing for Mixed LYNC 2013 and Cisco Environment.

glenne nelson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, bit of of a "Hail Mary" to begin with as I'm not sure if I'm in the right area. We had a voice network that was purely Cisco (phones and switches)and the QOS on the network was based on autoqos generated markings with quite a bit of tweaking.

A decision has been made to move to a LYNC 2013 environment but for some time it will be a Cisco/LYNC hybrid. A recent QOS pilot (fortunately only in one building) by external contractors has been disastrous resulting in a decision to revert to the old QOS, classification, queuing and policing. That's fine but the original QOS configurations only classified and policed Cisco telephony which leaves LYNC 2013 unclassified (as we don't trust at the edge.)

Has anyone got such an operational hybrid network with LYNC and Cisco voice that they would like to share how both environments can co-exist using one Policy Map. If push comes to shove, I can work it out, I guess, but if anybody has such an environment, it would be good to know or a pointer to good document[s] that may address the issue.

regards,

Glenne

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Glenne,

You may check the following links for some pointers

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11778506/qos-lync

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-1/Lync_SDN/b_Lync-Client-Server-in-Cisco-Wireless-LAN.html#topic_27B45BA1643C47B88A0F79B5DA15276A

Manish

Thanks for the links Manish, however, the information is predominantly about wireless which we will have to deal with later, at the moment our focus is on the wired environment with a mixture of Cisco and LYNC 2013 voice and video.

Group policies are pushed out to LYNC clients to mark their voice and video, as we do not trust client traffic at the edge, my query is about configuring Class and Policy maps which will properly classify, mark and police Cisco and LYNC 2013 voice and video.

Regards,

Glenne