cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about Digital Network in Unity

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have Digital Networking between 3 Unity boxes. The way that I understand it is when these are digitally networked that server 1 would have a small set of info about subscribers on server 2 and server 3 and that this info is stored in the global subsciber table. I have had to go into this table before and delete users out who did not replicate properly.

It seems that when I look in the global subsciber table that I'm seeing all subscribers instead of the subscibers that are just on server 2 and server 3.

Please let me know if I am misunderstanding the way this works or if this is a problem.

Just to add if I look under global subscriber manager every thig appears correct server 2 has the correct amound of subscriber and so does sever 3.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The GlobalSubscriber table should contain a row for every subscriber, both on the local server and on the other servers. The Subscriber table has a row for subscribers on the local server only. See "Cisco Unity Data and Active Directory" for more info if you're curious: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_white_papers_list.html

You shouldn't need to delete users out of the GlobalSubscriber table. Do you recall what data wasn't replicating properly? Were there any errors in the Event Viewer from AvDSAD or AvDSGlobalCatalog? These are the services that monitor AD.

Nancy

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The GlobalSubscriber table should contain a row for every subscriber, both on the local server and on the other servers. The Subscriber table has a row for subscribers on the local server only. See "Cisco Unity Data and Active Directory" for more info if you're curious: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_white_papers_list.html

You shouldn't need to delete users out of the GlobalSubscriber table. Do you recall what data wasn't replicating properly? Were there any errors in the Event Viewer from AvDSAD or AvDSGlobalCatalog? These are the services that monitor AD.

Nancy

Nancy,

Thank you for the good doc. For instance now I have a subscriber that server 1 claims exists on server 2. This is not the case if I click on the user I get a blank page he does not exist.

The reason Unity 1 thinks that it exists on the other server is because it is in the Global Subscriber table. This does not happen a lot but when it does what I do is delete this subscriber from the Global Subscriber table.

I believe that we do have replication issues with AD. I have to use the DC/GC reconnect tool often to force a resynch in order for everything to replicate ie lics subscribers. What tools can I troubleshoot this with to prove that AD is not replicating or if Unity is the one having the problem. Thanks for the reply.

Jason

Hi,

I spoke briefly with one of the dev engineers here, and he recommended that you open a TAC case. They'll tell you what Unity Diagnostics to enable and leave on until you see the problem again. Then somebody can take a look at the diags and see what's going on.

As far as AD troubleshooting tools, I've never used any.

Nancy

Nancy,

To finish this thread. It seems that there was a dc/gc reconet going on and there was changes made via the global subscriber manager at the time when the reconect was happening. while the DC/GC reconnect was going on that the global subscriber tables were locked and could not update via AD.

The workaround that I used was I made a change to the subscriber in question which must of made it update in AD with the correct info and then in turn update the global subscriber table with the correct info.

I very much appreciate your help. Thanks

Jason