Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on the use of BAT in CUCM

Mike Hagans
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to the use of BAT and I had a question around an issue I'm having / general use. I'm trying to update a field for several end users so I did an export of users, made my changes and saved the file as a csv but whenever I attempt to run an Update Users job, it is failing on certain fields and so I have to make those corrections, upload the file again, run the job again and see if it works that time. 

My question is, why am I not simply unable to use the same file from the export? Why would this file not be able to be used also for an update job? Should I be using bat.xlt to make my edits? It just seems like the bat.xlt file has alot going on so I tend to do an export of the data I need, make my changes then upload the file back to CUCM. 

Thanks for any assistance on this. The fields I am having errors on by the way are the 'PIN field cannot be null' but I wonder why it was exported null then, maybe it is just a security feature in the export and my lack of knowledge but there are other fields that error as well until, by trial and error, you get the file to work by one-by-one eliminating rows in your CSV file... 

1 Reply 1

You're right about the PIN field cannot be null of BAT. This is even worse when the Password/PIN is already set and as you export, you will see the Pwd/PIN hash in the CSV. And when you try to reinsert it as is, it shows an error.

In fact, PIN and password should be plaintext in the CSV. You may want to remove the "null" and just leave it blank, such as will have two consecutive commas (,,) in your CSV. It should work.