cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions about PCD Upgrade/Migration

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

If the current source cluster is CUCM 8.5 running on ESXi and the goal is to get to the latest 12.5 on ESXi 6.5 do i need to manually upgrade the source cluster first, move it to the 6.5 ESXi host and then use PCD to migrate it?  Or can PCD 12.6 connect to the 4.1 ESXi host as a source cluster?  Based on this:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/12_5_1/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide_126/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide_126_chapter_011.html#reference_70F765A0978C4D654312854B8E5F9673 

The source would need to be on 6.0 or better which isn't supported for 8.5 so it appears as though i'd need to manually upgrade to 10.5, migrate VM to 6.5 and then use PCD?

2 Replies 2

Thanks for the response Jaime.  So after watching this and another video I think i figured out what I wasn't getting before.  Going to run through a test migration in a lab to confirm.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: