cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions re: upgrade from 2.46 to 4.0(x)

eshanks
Level 1
Level 1

We're in the process of preparing to upgrade Unity from 2.46 to 4.0(x). The version that I have currently to go to is 4.0(3). Unity 2.46 is currently setup in unified messaging mode on a Windows 2000 server (ProLiant ML370, dual P3 1.0GHz, 1GB RAM) with subscribers in Exchange 5.5 in an NT4 domain. Exchange 5.5 is on the Unity server but no subscribers reside there, except the Unity Administrator. The Unity server is integrated with a phone switch (Intecom E) using Dialogic D/120JCT-LS boards (4).

According to the 4.0(x) documentation, the D/120JCT-LS boards are no longer supported for this integration (why?), so we're planning on using a newer server (ProLiant DL380 G3, dual Xeon 3.06GHz, 4GB RAM) with Dialogic D/240JCT-T1 boards (2). Since we have to setup new integration with the PBX, will this cause problems when importing the database we will have exported from the 2.46 system?

Any advice re: this upgrade is welcome!

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the full DB Import does not know or care about your switch integration setup (or the Exchange configuration for that matter). It's importing objects (handlers, interviewers, subscribers etc...) using the standard SQL interfaces to do so and the objects are added accordingly. If the system that was backed up is using a different phoen system, integration type, Exchange version etc... it wont matter. So long as the new 4.x system you have configured is completely functional and ready to roll, you'll have no problems.

If you haven't already - review the reconfiguration and upgrade guide here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_book09186a0080222fdf.html

it contains a section specifically on the 2.x to 4.x updgrades that you'll want to go over.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've been pouring over the installation and upgrade docs. BTW, does anyone know why the newer Unity versions don't support the D/120JCT-LS boards? I tried to ask Tech Supp but all they told me was they support what they're told to support.