cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Cannot conenct to server,internal server error" cisco jabber 12.8 and cucm 12.5

maqsood ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi expert , 

i have a situation where in jabber internally and externally could not connect to server with the below error on display. 

"Cannot conenct to server,internal server error" .  after a change to fully qualified domain name in cucm->server , the problem was seen.  

i  restarted the ccm service , and even the server were restarted, i have cluster of 18 server's .  Dns , A and srv records are good,   immiediately after the password the error is displayed, a wrong will prompt for username / password wrong

all services in imp is good ,,everything seems good ...

any quick resolution is apprieciated ..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

maqsood ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

problem fixed by restarting the imp cluster,,not imp service..

cisco doc is not complete about fqdn ---

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

maqsood ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

problem fixed by restarting the imp cluster,,not imp service..

cisco doc is not complete about fqdn ---

Glad to hear that it’s fixed!

You may also want to rediscover the cluster on Expressway-C for MRA to ensure it picked up the changes. Also, remember to update the UC Services (eg CTI, Voicemail, IM&P) to be FQDN under the Users menu as well as the CCMCIP & TFTP servers within IM&P Administration, Applications menu (if memory serves - not in front of a cluster to check).

thanks mr  jonathan ,  I did what u recomended , it is working now ..

Hard time when diagnosing this issue ,, everything look good , did as per the documentation , all the config was good ...i even restarted the cucm cluster  but not the IMP cluster ....i restarted the services ...then after few minuties i restarted the imp cluster for sucessfull login to jabber...

thank u ..

M Reza Hadi
Level 1
Level 1

i have this problem too,

does anyone know how we can fix this issue?.. 

we installed cucm,cup 12.5 su6 + expressway core,edge 12.7.1

jabber lan login is ok

but jabber MRA internet login says: cannot connect to the server, Internal server error

and we also tested CollabEdgeValidator in cway.cisco, it says: CISCO-VTG-TOKEN not found in authentication mechanisms.

does anyone know how we can fix this issue?.. 

..if this (helps) or (answered your question), please click (Helpful) or (Accept as Solution)..